Statement of intent
The Fairtrade Foundation may ask you to submit personal information about yourself (such as your name and email address) in order for you to receive or use services provided by The Fairtrade Foundation. The services include newsletters and competitions, message boards, personalised services and receiving further information relating to The Fairtrade Foundation.
Submitting personal information
When you supply any personal information to The Fairtrade Foundation, The Fairtrade Foundation has legal obligations towards you in the way we deal with that personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998:
- We must collect the information fairly.
- We must let you know how we will use it.
- We will not supply your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent, unless we are obliged by law to do so. Please note that if you provide information to allow us to deliver services or goods that you have requested, we may pass this information to our fulfilment chain solely to allow them to deliver the goods and services you have requested.
- We will hold your personal information on our systems unless you inform us that you no longer wish to receive the service or notifications.
- We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Users under 18
If you are under 18, please get your parent or guardian’s permission before you provide personal information to the AskMalawi.tv website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
Who are we?
AskMalawi.tv is facilitated by The Fairtrade Foundation which is a trade justice charity based in the United Kingdom.
AskMalawi.tv will moderate all comments submitted. We reserve the right to remove any post, or submitted question without further comment or notice to you.
In exceptional circumstances, The Fairtrade Foundation could be legally obliged to reveal your registration information and/or IP address to the police.
Please be considerate of other participants. Do not post personal attacks on other participants.
This is a website for the general public, as well as schools, teachers and students. Please do not use profanities or other words (including shorthand or substitutions) that might offend others.
Do not post any material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, lewd, pornographic, violent, abusive, insulting, threatening, harassing, discriminatory, blasphemous or otherwise unlawful or illegal. A defamatory comment is one that is capable of damaging the reputation of a person or organisation.
Do not post anything that is or may be contempt of court (anything that risks prejudicing ongoing or forthcoming court proceedings) and avoid breaking any known court injunction.
It is not acceptable to publicise your or anyone else’s contact details. This is for your own safety and that of everyone who uses this service.
Do not submit anything that may infringe another’s rights, including intellectual property rights.
You grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide licence to republish any material you submit to us in any format, including without limitation print and electronic format.